The vineyards of Bodega Ribada are located in the sub-area of Chantada (D.O. Ribeira Sacra). The vines are grown on stairs, with slopes of up to 80%. These vineyards are classified as “mountain” vineyards. The work is manual, every task in the vineyard has to be done by hand because mechanisation is impossible.
Description Pobre Tolo red wine:
- D.O Ribeira Sacra
- Young red wine
- Mencia grape variety
- Bordeaux bottle 75cl.
- Alcoholic strength 12,50% Vol.
- Normal harvest in boxes. Malolactic fermentation at 25ºC followed by alcoholic fermentation, racking and the wine is kept without further racking until clarification and bottling in March.
- Visually very lively with an intense robe, with a very intense cherry red colour and a very bright bluish rim, prolonged tear reflecting a very glyceric wine. Very fine on the nose with an intensity that increases as the wine sits in the glass, the aromas of very ripe fruit (cherry, plum, blackberry) stand out, very subtle and persistent. Intense structure in the mouth with a very prolonged sweet tannin, fleshy, ripe and with a very pleasant astringency, with a prolonged persistence and an intense aftertaste of the variety.
- Continue discovering the wines of Bodega Ribada through the Red wine Ribada Selección mencía barrica.
- Keep discovering the wines of Bodega Ribada through the white Ribada Selección Godello.
- Combine this wine with the cheeses of Gandería Quintián that we offer you with our Capackzo Quintián Gourmet.
- Serve between 12ºC and 14ºC.